Early Book Review: 100 Afternoon Sweets: With Snacking Cakes, Brownies, Blondies, and More by Sarah Kieffer


100 Afternoon Sweets: With Snacking Cakes, Brownies, Blondies, and More
by Sarah Kieffer is currently scheduled for release on October 1 2024.

From one-bowl snacking cakes to bigger baking projects, here are 100 afternoon treats to help you push past the midday slump, including: Pecan Espresso Bars, Roasted Strawberry Cream Pie, Kitchen Sink Crispy Treats, Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake, Straight-Up Yellow Snacking Cake, Giant Pop Tart, Fig Scones, and more. Filled with more than 120 photographs, including how-tos for doughs, shaping, and flavor variations, 100 Afternoon Sweets is the third book in the trilogy of Kieffer's 100-themed baking books.

100 Afternoon Sweets is a well organized collection with a little something for all bakers looking to bake easy to eat treats. As a person that loves to bake, but is not overly fond of the washing of dishes that inevitably follows- I have to admit that I was thrilled that the first section is for one bowl bakes. There are times when I am more than willing to do something more complicated (for a party or during cookie tray season), but for the most part I like the simpler bakes and this was right up my alley for my normal weekend baking.  There are a handful of recipes here that I am eager to try- especially the Chocolate Meringue Bars and Coffee Blondies. I like the recipes for toppings and extras at the end of the book, and am going to try my hand at homemade chocolate shell very soon. I also like that the conversion chart was included, and that each recipe included imperial and weight measurements.

No comments: