Early Book Review: Crock Pot Essentials: 101 Recipes to Make with Your Slow Cooker by Anne Schaeffer

Crock Pot Essentials: 101 Recipes to Make with Your Slow Cooker by Anne Schaeffer is currently scheduled for release on August 1 2023. There’s nothing better than coming home after a long day at work, and dinner is already done! This book features 101 slow cooker recipes that are easy to make, take minimal effort, and can either feed a couple or a big crowd. This collection of crock pot recipes includes ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. From breakfast burritos and blueberry cobbler to jambalaya, beef stew, barbecued ribs, and so more, 
Crock Pot Essentials caught my eye because I use my crock pot almost every Thursday. With two picky eaters in the house, my rotation of meals feels pretty boring to me, so I am always looking to try a new recipe or spice combination to liven things up while still getting everyone to eat. I appreciated that vegetarian and other dietary notes were made for applicable recipes and there were some substitution suggestions included. I also liked the serving suggestions, like some sandwiches recipes following the soup recipes they would pair with nicely. . One note- if you have made the switch to metric measurements you will have some converting to do, since all the recipes are in imperial measurements. I did find some recipes in the book, particularly for pot luck meals and lazy days at home, that I might try. I did also find a few things that I might use to add a new twist or flavor to things I already make. This is a solid collection for those that might be new to using their crock pot- but for long time users this is a book I would check out from the library rather than adding to your cookbook collection. 

No comments: