Early Book Review:100 Morning Treats: With Muffins, Rolls, Biscuits, Sweet and Savory Breakfast Breads, and More by Sarah Kieffer

100 Morning Treats: With Muffins, Rolls, Biscuits, Sweet and Savory Breakfast Breads, and More by Sarah Kieffer is currently scheduled for release on May 9 2023. These baking projects will bring delight to your family breakfast, a Sunday brunch or bake sale, a morning at the office, or kids' soccer practice. Whatever your preference alongside your morning cup of coffee or tea—sweet or savory, buttery or flaky, hot off the griddle or taken to go—you'll find a recipe for it here, from coffee cakes to danishes, doughnuts, scones, quick breads, quiches, and muffins galore! Filled with more than 120 inspiring photographs, including how-tos for doughs and shaping, and instructions for prepping the night before and baking in the morning.

100 Morning Treats is a well rounded book for those that love to bake, and those that want to improve their knowledge and recipe base in baking. I thought the introduction and tips and other information included in the beginning of the book was well written and chosen, and that the book was laid out and organized well. The pictures were well chosen and made me eager to try my hand at the recipes, and if I am honest reading the descriptions and looking at the pictures made me a bit hungry and craving something freshly baked. I like that the ingredient measurements are given in metric and imperial units- so everyone can easily follow the recipes without having to do conversions and extra calculations. I thought the recipes were easy to follow and well written. The extra informational box content through out the book was helpful and interesting. There was a nice variety of recipes, something for everyone. While the classics were covered, so were some recipes I have never seen. I honestly cannot wait to test a few of these out in coming weeks. Ones I am looking forward to the most are: Grapefruit Glazed Muffins, Lemon Meringue Bread, Strawberry Knots, and the Chocolate Pudding Bundt Cake. 

100 Morning Treats is a wonderful collection of recipes, and if I had anymore room for physical books this would be joining my collection. It just might anyway. 

No comments: