Early Book Review: The Everything Low-Cholesterol Cookbook: 200 Heart-Healthy Recipes for Reducing Cholesterol and Losing Weight by Laura Livesey

The Everything Low-Cholesterol Cookbook: 200 Heart-Healthy Recipes for Reducing Cholesterol and Losing Weight by Laura Livesey is currently scheduled for release on March 28 2023. Keep your cholesterol levels in check and reduce your risk for developing heart disease and other chronic conditions with these 200 healthy and satisfying low-cholesterol recipes. Is your health care professional concerned about your high blood cholesterol levels? Do you worry that excess weight could have a detrimental effect on your health? Or are you simply looking for a healthier lifestyle? Changing your diet can be an effective way to lose weight and reduce your cholesterol level. This cookbook is your introduction to the benefits of a heart-healthy diet. Learn about cholesterol and its role in heart disease, how lifestyle changes can reduce your risk of heart disease and other chronic conditions, and how losing excess weight can improve your health. Each recipe is low in sugar but high in flavor, so you don’t have to sacrifice delicious foods to be healthy!

The Everything Low-Cholesterol Cookbook is exactly what the title promises. It offers readers suggestions on changing how you eat, because the order you eat the food on your plate and when you eat different food can have a big impact, as well as what to eat. The encouragement and note that being health and making this changes for yourself is a process and not a zero sum game, doing your best and taking things at a pace that fits your needs and life will make the change in habits easier to stick with. I thought the recipes were well varied and written, with a healthy something that will appeal to most everyone. Each recipe includes the nutrients per serving if the recipe is made as printed. I am big on substitutions and changing things up once I have done a recipe once or twice, so this will not hold true long for me, but it is good to have a starting point. To be honest, there are not many of these recipes that I will be adding to my repertoire. I cook for a family of four (with one picky kid eater and one picky adult eater), and while there are some I can get by with, there are not a whole lot that would be eaten. There are a couple meals I will try for the family, and a few more I might try out just for myself on the weekend.  Also, there are several ingredients that are just not regularly in my house (like kelp noodles and bee pollen) but that all  might be less problematic for others. I think the book is well written and provides exactly what it promises- but it is just not practical for my household.

No comments: