Book Review: Snuggle and Play Crochet: 40 Amigurumi Patterns for Lovey Security Blankets and Matching Toys by Carolina Guzman Benitez

Snuggle and Play Crochet: 40 Amigurumi Patterns for Lovey Security Blankets and Matching Toys by Carolina Guzman Benitez is a nice collect of crochet projects. Snuggle up with a crochet comforter or play with a colourful character--this unique collection of 40 amigurumi patterns are simple to stitch and super cute! Featuring crochet toy patterns including boy and girl dolls, dogs and cats, bears and bunnies and many more, this amazing collection will give you over 40 different crochet toys to create.

Snuggle and Play Crochet: 40 Amigurumi Patterns for Lovey Security Blankets and Matching Toys is full of cute projects that have me itching to try them, but knowing that amigurumi is just not my thing. I mainly crochet while reading or watching television, so projects that require that much attention and detail are ones I tend to bypass. However, this huge collection just might get me to working making a small menagerie. I know I will be making one or more of the loveys in my near future.  There was a good amount of instruction and explanation for those that need it, and that he patterns and charts were accurate and clearly written. 

While there are many toy and blanket patterns out there, and in my collection to be honest, I liked this particular selection and the sheer number of options that this collection can take crocheters. I thought the zebra, rhino, and bunny were particularly nice, and know that I will be making the cat (possibly the hippo, fox, and frog) lovey in short order. I really loved all the little details included, the clothes and accessories for the toys. I only wish I had this book when my animal loving daughter was younger, and less likely to pay attention to what I am working on. The only thing I did not like about the patterns, is something I can easily customize on my own finished projects- the angle of the eyebrows. I thought all of the animals and people looked very concerned, and I would change that. 

No comments: