Book Review: Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Lies (Rebirth) by Greg Rucka; Liam Sharp

Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Lies (Rebirth) is written Greg Rucka, with artwork by Liam Sharp,  Paulo Siqueira, and Matthew Clark. After suffering an unimaginable loss, Diana must rebuild her mission as Earth's ultimate protector and champion. However, in the midst of her grief, her Lasso of Truth stopped working! Start down the rabbit hole as dark secrets from Wonder Woman's past unravel her present!

Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Lies takes Diana and readers on a journey of discovery. The various origin stories and timelines of Wonder Woman are explored as she tries to figure out what is real and what is not. I will admit that I have not read or follow Wonder Woman over the years, so I know the basics of the original origin story, but I was not aware of all the variations that had been used. I liked seeing some of the things I did know crop up, and characters I know from one place or another play their part. The art work was extremely well done, with details and lines that really made the read worth it. As a whole I found it well done and entertaining, but with my lack of knowledge of the universe here I am not sure that I will stick with it.  

Wonder Woman Vol. 1: The Lies (Rebirth) offers a fresh look at Wonder Woman, and offers just what the title promises, a rebirth for our heroine. Well worth the read for fans, but readers like me without background knowledge might not enjoy it as much. 

No comments: