Book Review: Plip Plap Plop The Beginning Series: Fazo's Junk by Ibk Akin

Plip Plap Plop The Beginning Series: Fazo's Junk by Ibk Akin is a transitional or easy chapter book. Uncle Fazo is not your typical Uncle. He was a crazy scientist that invented lots of funny and random things for the fun of it. Zach, his nephew, and Miranda loved to test them out. When Zach's Uncle passes away Zach inherits all of his stuff. Readers join the brave best friends, Zach and Miranda, as they discover some insane inventions like the mute wand, ice cube ray gun, a talking robot and oh' did I mention a teleporting device that takes them anywhere in the world in seconds, where they can discover secrets of old times, solve mysteries and outsmart goons of all sorts? Keeping things action packed the pair need to worry about the evil overlord Tain who has a mission to destroy the very things Zach and Miranda try to save, words.

Plip Plap Plop The Beginning Series: Fazo's Junk is an adventure for readers just starting to read chapter books on their own. When I first started reading the book I was very interested. I wanted to check out of of Uncle Fazo's gadgets and see what kind of trouble they could cause. When the real adventure began, traveling through time and space to save words or help them come into existence I was still on board. The gadgets and adventures still held great promise. then it got a little more complicated, and then a little more so, and then I felt like the original thread of the story that had me hooked was gone. I think some young readers might get set adrift like I felt, while others with revel in the adventure and complexity of the story. It was still fun, and interesting, but not what i had been hoping for when I opened the book.


Plip Plap Plop The Beginning Series: Fazo's Junk is a good beginner chapter book for those looking for high adventure. Readers with an  interest in language or inventions will particularly enjoy the book.

No comments: