Book Review: Fangtabulous by Lucienne Diver



Fangtabulous by Lucienne Diver is the fourth book in the Vamped series. Gina Covello and her friends are trying to stay under the radar. They are avoiding the feds , the vampire council, and anyone else they might have angered in their previous adventures. However, now they are low on cash and decide that their supernatural party needs to lay down some roots and earn some money. Salem Massachusetts holds one contact and some hope for them. However, they soon discover that ghosts and other magical creatures are already there, and not all of them are friendly. A ghost from the witch hunt days is on a killing spree, and Gina and her friends need to stop it, preferably without blowing their own cover.

Fangtabulous offers nothing incredibly new. There is a group of friends trying to survive, do some good, and avoid getting captured or killed. And, of course, they just happen to be supernatural. However, I enjoyed the story and the characters. Gina was spunky and fun, often saying what I would like to think I'd have the guts to day. I have not read the first three books in the series, but was brought up to speed fairly fast, although I did miss some of the details about the relationships between the characters. Gina and her main squeeze, which I fully admit to have already forgotten the name of, run into difficulties on a multitude of levels, but since I was not invested in the relationship I was not captured by that layer of drama. But, Fangtabulous offered exactly what I wanted and needed, a fun urban fantasy with a dash of mystery and romance to keep me interested. There was humor, and some action as well, to really keep me reading.

I recommend Fangtabulous to readers that already enjoy Diver's series, and readers that are looking for a fun read with some romance, mystery, and action to keep the story moving along. I cannot say that the series will be added to my must read list, but if I see the earlier books, or future books, come my way I am liable to give them a read as well.

No comments: