Z is for Zombies

Z is for Zombies, a growing subject matter in books over the last few years. I did not get it at first. I love a good zombie movie, and have had to stopped watching them on occasion when the zombies made their way into my dreams. Yes, seriously. There are some fantastic zombie movies, some that are so bad that they are good, and some that are just so bad that they should be forgotten. The same goes for books featuring zombies. I have read a few at this point, and havce some that I recommend. I also know of a few that I want to read, but just have not gotten to.

Zombie books I highly recommend The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, Zombies for Zombies: Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead by David P. Murphy, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (yes really! and on a related note do not skip Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith).


Zombie books I want to read or have had recommended to me:
Paul Is Undead by Alan Goldsher, Generation Dead Zombie Queen of Newbury High You Are So Undead to MeRot & Ruin

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see someone recommend Pride Prejudice and Zombies and the Abraham Lincoln Vampire book, because I so enjoyed both of those titles that I wanted to read the books. If I had ever bumped into them organically at the library I would have grabbed the, but now I think I will seek them out!

Unknown said...

I haven't read any zombie books but I have seen a few movies. I will check out a couple of your recommendadtions when I finish the novel I'm reading now - a Stephen King!

Coral Levang said...

Zombies....scare me!

Cathy said...

I enjoyed Carrie Ryan's trilogy.

I have an award for you ...

http://wordsworldandwings.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-awards.html

Great job on the A-Z challenge.

Marie Anne said...

Zombies have never been my thing. I barely survived Dawn of the Dead and others back in the 70s.

I’m hosting Z to A in May, but I’m blogging at:
Ross County Roundup

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether I'm intrigued or creeped at the idea of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. ;O)

My A-Z Blogging Reflections Mega Post is here.

My Z-A Blogging “Z” post is right here.

pbquig said...

Well if Zombies have a lighter side, I'm there. You know there are many Pirate Zombies out there. ARRGH

Pam
Pirate Knitting

Tamara McRill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamara McRill said...

I dig zombie movies and that "Ugly Americans" cartoon, but don't think I've ever read a zombie book. "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" sounds like a *good* title.