S is for Seasons

S is for seasons, particularly Spring which has finally sprung. I love that there are four very different seasons, each with their own benefits and disadvantages. At least that holds true here in Connecticut. As much as I might dread the crazy snow storms and the humid, hot days in the midst of summer I would not give up my four distinct season and live in any other climate. I love Spring and Fall the most. The seasons of greatest change, and yard work. Winter and Summer certainly have their benefits as well, but do not call to me the way spring does. The promise of new life, new growth, new chances, new opportunities. With Fall comes harvests and the satisfaction of having seen everything reach its full growth for the season, allowing you to start the planning for what you might want to do differently next year. Getting the yard cleaned up and doing some of the preparation to get that plan for next year started.

Winter holds the promise of snow and turtlenecks. This past winter was extreme, but not unprecedented. It felt like it snowed for two months, with no thaw to melt it between days of accumulation. Makes me a little concerned for what extreme summer might take this year. Will we be hot, hot, hot or just warm, or warm and damp? Anything could happen.

What is your favorite season? Do you like the seasons where you live or are you craving warmer, sunnier days year round?

4 comments:

Renata Yvonne said...

I live in New Jersey and also love the fact that we experience all four seasons. I really feel that if I lived in a tropical location, I might lose my appreciation for the warm weather because I have nothing to compare it to!

Anonymous said...

I live outside of Chicago and love that we get a little of everything. I like fall best and could do without summer (unless I'm in the pool).

I’m blogging my way back from Z to A, and I’d love for you to take a peek at my “S” post: Survivor: Celebrity Island.

Car Title Loans said...

Living in Los Angeles, I can't complain that I experience Fall and Spring year round. I will say, though, I miss Chicago winters. There is something about the snow that brings a sense of nostalgia around Christmas.
Ava

SJerZGirl said...

I live in and grew up in New Jersey, but after living two years in Arizona, I grew to appreciate that dry heat and the temperate winter. I lived along the Wasatch Front in Utah for 17 years and actually enjoyed the snow while I was there (I think because it was otherwise dry), but with the traffic and the crazy drivers here in the East, the only thing I like about winter is that the snow cleans everything and makes it so much more quiet. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall, followed by Winter and then Summer. I've really grown to hate the hot, humid weather we can have here in South Jersey.

Stopping by from the Z to A in May Challenge. You can find me at:
The Frustrated Foodie