Book Review: Frosty Proximity (Winter Wanderlust) by Liz Alden

Frosty Proximity is a novella, and the second book in the Winter Wanderlust series by Liz Alden. I did not read the first book in the series, and while I think returning readers will have a head start on knowing the characters, this novella stands up just fine on its own. 
The snowstorm of the century is approaching, and my only hope of getting home for Christmas is my grumpy, rich, and definitely off limits client. A closed airport, fifty miles of Swiss countryside, and the threat of record-breaking wind and snow stand between me and flying back to my family in New York. The family that labels my job as a personal stylist as “frivolous” and “shallow.” My client, Peter, is working just as hard as I am to get me on that plane. It seems he really doesn’t want me crashing his family’s Chanukah based on the tension in the air and the grunts he aims my way. Grunts I should not find sexy. But we may not have a choice. And when his family opens their warm, cozy home to me, I may realize that, beneath his frost, Peter makes me melt.


Frosty Proximity is exactly what I was looking for. Peter and Kara are both likable characters that find their way from a working relationship and friends of friends to so much more. This was a fast and fun read, and I loved the get to know you stage and the move on forward. I like that they are both mature enough to talk about disagreements, misunderstandings, and real things while also still having fun and light moments between them. The family moments and caring aspects of this story we just as important and engaging for me as the hotter moments, and I think this novella balanced a lot of important aspects to both Kara's and Peter's lives nicely. I enjoyed this read and think many other readers will as well.


No comments: