Book Review: Do Your Worst by Rosie Danan

Do Your Worst by Rosie Danan is a romance with a bit of a paranormal mystery on the side. Riley Rhodes finally has the chance to turn her family’s knack for the supernatural into a legitimate business when she’s hired to break the curse on an infamous Scottish castle. Used to working alone in her alienating occupation, she's pleasantly surprised to meet a handsome stranger upon arrival—until he tries to get her fired. Fresh off a professional scandal, Clark Edgeware can’t allow a self-proclaimed “curse breaker” to threaten his last chance for redemption. After he fails to get Riley kicked off his survey site, he vows to avoid her. Unfortunately for him, she vows to get even. Riley expects the curse to do her dirty work by driving Clark away, but instead, they keep finding themselves in close proximity. Too close. Turns out, the only thing they do better than fight is fool around. If they’re not careful, by the end of all this, more than the castle will end up in ruins.

Do Your Worst grabbed my attention from the beginning. I love an enemies to lover romance, and this gave me more than I expected. I liked the paranormal angle and that both Riley and Clark had their own emotional baggage to work out. I though the mystery surrounding the curse, and what happened in the past was well done- although I completely expected one more little twist in there. I thought the give and take between Riley and Clark was on point, and I loved both their banter and they way that had adult conversations about the important things. I loved that once they trusted each other and decided on a course of action they were both all in, regardless of outside forces and the family issues they each needed to unpack. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more from the author.

Do Your Worst is an engaging and entertaining read with potential to turn into a great series. 

No comments: