Early Book Review: School for Extraterrestrial Girls #2 Girls In Flight by Jeremy Whitley, Jamie Noguchi

School for Extraterrestrial Girls, Volume 2, Girls In Flight, written by Jeremy Whitley and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi, is a graphic novel currently scheduled for release on November 28 2023. The extraterrestrial girls are back! With their former school compromised, exposing Tara, Misako, Summer, and Kat, to possible danger from unknown alien forces, they all must relocate to a new hidden school--The School for Extraterrestrial Boys! Located on a hidden island in the arctic north, the new campus has a mysteriously warm summer climate, a beautiful lake, and dozens of sinister mysteries! The girls are staying in what appears to be summer cabins on the lake while going to school in the mysterious castle where the boys stay. This is all under the watchful eye of the boys' headmaster, Headmaster Stokes—an arrogant man with an unknown agenda and an obsession with Tara's people. They may still be in school, but this will be a semester full of blossoming romances, learning to love themselves, and trying to survive the mysteries of both this terrifying island and boys! Romance, magic, and near-death experiences are all part of a regular school day at the School for Extraterrestrial Girls.


Girls In Flight starts with a recap, which honestly I needed. I remembered enjoying the first volume of the story, but the details I was a bit hazy on. I was glad for the little catch up, which I think most readers will agree on. I was glad to read this next chapter of Tara and her circle's adventures and thought it was well planned out and executed. I thought the artwork was well matched to the story, and conveyed a great deal of emotion and action to make the story come alive. There were multiple story lines woven through each other, and it was neat to see threads that I had put to the back of my mind pop up and play an important roll in the story. My only complaint is one I often have with serials like this, and that is I was just feeling like I was deeply invested in the story and had a grasp on all the moving pieces when the volume ended. I am eager to get volume three in my hands. 


No comments: