Book Review: I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability, Volume 1, by Kenkyo na Circle, Yosuke Kokuzawa

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability, Volume 1, by Kenkyo na Circle, Yosuke Kokuzawa is a manga style graphic novel. Prince Lloyd wasn't always a prince...in fact, his previous life is one he remembers perfectly: he was a sorcerer, of sorts. So when he was forced to reincarnate, he decided to continue his studies, prince of the realm or no! But his new life has its own sets of challenges...including being a 10-year-old! What's the 7th prince/sorcerer to do?!

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince so I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability is an interesting read. I liked the premise and the track the story is taking. I liked the juxtaposition of Llyod's age and innocent appearance with his power, and the way other people respond to him. I liked his hunt for knowledge, eagerness to experiment, and disregard for things that do not interest him. I think all of that makes him an interesting character and his story engaging and interesting to read. I am more that a little annoyed with the unnecessary and irrelevant scenes that felt like they were only included to get boobs on the page. It just felt very odd and out of place to have those moments in the story- never mind the outfit that a female adventurer is drawn in. It was disappointing that something I enjoyed otherwise fell flat because they just had to have a few moments of ogling the female form in a way that was not relevant to the plot at all. 


No comments: