Audiobook Review: The Introvert's Guide to Online Dating by Emma Hart Narrated by Savannah Peachwood, Tim Page

The Introvert's Guide to Online Dating is a contemporary romance written by Emma Hart. The audiobook is narrated by Savannah Peachwood and Tim Page.  It is part of a series, but can be read on its own.


With all my best friends off the market, it’s time that I, Tori Sussex, join them. So where better to find my future husband than the internet? It’s great. I get to get all the awkward stuff out of the way and already know if I’m going to like the guy before we meet in person. It’s a shame nothing's ever that simple. My relationship with Colton Lane, my best friend’s brother, is the very definition of complicated—dirty little no-strings-attached hook-ups we’ve somehow managed to keep secret from all our friends for the past six months. We’re bound to get caught, and if I’m serious about dating, I only have one choice: call it quits; end our little covert booty calls for good; tell him my parking space is off-limits to him. It should be easy. It should be simple. And I’m sure it would be, if only I wasn’t in love with him.

The Introvert's Guide to Online Dating is a frenemies to lovers romance. I think the dual narrators was a nice touch, and I like the alternating perspectives. I liked Tori to an extent. I liked her sarcasm and sardonic moments, but her stubborness and faking being angry annoyed me a few times. I really liked Colton. Of the two characters I felt like he was more in touch with, and honest about, what he felt and wanted. I really enjoyed the secondary characters, and was highly entertain by their support and antics. I am not sure if it was because of the format, since I do not normally listen to romance audiobooks, or what but I did not really connect with Tori's character. I am much more interested in what is going on with her grandmother than the future between Tori and Colton- but that is more because I found the elderly characters in the book to be fantastic. Maybe returning readers will feel more of a connection, since the friend group is tightly bound. 

The Introvert's Guide to Online Dating is a fun and entertaining read, or listen.


No comments: