Book Review: Their Christmas Baby Contract by Shannon Stacey

Their Christmas Baby Contract
 
by Shannon Stacey is a contemporary romance. 
Striking the deal was the easy part. Brady Nash is handsome and anti-marriage. And with IVF completely out of her financial reach, Reyna Bishop is running out of time to have the child she so very much wants. Theirs is a practical baby-making deal: no emotion, no expectation, no ever-after. They’ll even “date” through Christmas to silence their hometown gossips. It’s foolproof, until the time she spends with Brady and his warm, loving family leaves Reyna wanting more than a baby.

Their Christmas Baby Contract is a small town, kinda-friends to lovers romance. Reyna and Brady both feel a little trapped by the small town gossip, especially since it has them pegs wrong. Both are thoughtful, caring, and family oriented but one night gone wrong in the past dulled their friendship. I loved getting to see them find themselves and each other, and figure out how to express what they want. As frustrated as I was with them not telling each other how they felt, I knew that the journey would be worth it and I fully enjoyed the ride. The families and friends surrounding these two were just as well written and dynamic as the main characters. Shannon Stacey has always provided me with a solid combination of sweet and heat, and she continued that streak here. It was exactly the book I needed to shake me out of a reading slump and get me happily reading again. 

Their Christmas Baby Contract is a fun and sweet romance that was exactly the escape I needed.

No comments: