Early Book Review: 100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies, Novel Treats, Brownies, Bars, and More by Sarah Kieffer

100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies, Novel Treats, Brownies, Bars, and More by Sarah Kieffer is currently scheduled for release on October 20 2020. 100 recipes for all types of cookies--chocolatey, fruity, crispy, chewy, classic, inventive—there's a foolproof recipe for the perfect treat for everyone in this book. Recipes range from the Classic Chocolate Chip made three different ways, to bars, brownies, and blondies that reflect a wide range of flavors and global inspiration. 
100 Cookies is a cookbook that focuses on the joy of cookies- who does not love cookies? I admit to already have a couple cookie oriented cookbooks- but I had to take a look. I think the recipes are well organized and nicely varied. There are more than a few that I have made before, some variations on things I have seen elsewhere, and some I want to try. There were some perfect for newcomers or dabblers, and some for the the more intense bakers. The instructions were well written and easy to follow. My only complaint is more about my personal formatting preference of recipes than anything wrong. I like my ingredients list at the top of the recipe, and this configuration used a sidebar style. There is nothing wrong with this, and maybe I will get used to it, but it just really bothered me for some reason. 

No comments: