Early Book Review: A Favor for a Favor (All In) by Helena Hunting

A Favor for a Favor is the second book in the All In series by Helena Hunting. While there are carry over characters, you can enjoy each book on its own as well. It is currently scheduled for release on January 28 2020.
When I joined Seattle’s NHL expansion team, I thought it was the start of something great. But nothing ever goes the way you expect. Take my introduction to my new neighbor. She came rolling in on the hot mess express at midnight, making a racket while she tried to get into my team captain’s apartment. Did I mention that he’s married to a woman who definitely was not her? Imagine my surprise when I end up with an injury that has me out of the game for weeks, and she’s the one to offer to help me. I should probably add that she’s not the captain’s mistress. She’s his sexy, pastel-haired younger sister. So we come up with an arrangement: she rehabs me so that I can get back on the ice sooner, and she can add a professional athlete that isn’t her brother to her client list. Seems simple enough. As long as I can keep my hands to myself and my hormones in check.
A Favor for a Favor has everything I love in a romance. Stevie and Bishop are honestly good people with snark and a fair amount of emotional baggage. I love that they both own their issues and are doing everything they can to make themselves and their lives better. Misunderstandings, emotional wounds, and injuries keep the verbal banter at a high level- and I enjoyed it. I loved watching the paor get to know each other and fall in love when they convince themselves that PT is all they are doing. The secondary characters are just as well built and complex as the main characters, and I enjoyed seeing returning characters as their stories continued and getting to know more of the players in Hunting's book universe. I honestly just enjoy the writing style and find myself thinking about the characters after I finish the book. They feel real, like I could run into them if I ventured into their neighborhood, and I would enjoy every minute of it. 
A Favor for a Favor is a wonderful slow burn romance with heart and humor. It is a must read for fans of Hunting.

No comments: