Book Review: Temptation (Bad Angels) by Inara Scott

Temptation is the second stand alone in the Bad Angels series by Inara Scott. As close friends and coworkers, attorney Zoe Riva and tech genius Connor Ashton know they can never get involved. Never. Ever. Until a scooter accident lands Zoe in Connor's arms—and his overnight custody—and she starts to see a man she's never seen before. With her career and her heart on the line, Zoe can't afford to take any chances. But when combustible chemistry takes over, even the smartest people in the room can make the biggest of mistakes.
Temptation is a friends to lovers romance that had me hooked from the start. I was in a bit of a reading slump- where nothing was really making me eager to get back to reading after having to put the book down for a moment, and this book broke that streak. Zoe is a strong, successful, and professional woman just trying to get ahead in a field that is still dominated by deals made in bars and over sports. Connor is a smart guy that is more than a little shy and socially awkward. A chance encounter has them each pondering crossing the border of friendship into something more- but they each have emotional scars and professional qualms about taking the next step- until they cross the line anyway. I loved the sass and straightforwardness of Zoe, and Connor's sweet nature. The secondary characters, particularly Connor's mother and her friends, were great fun while the couple's mutual friends added some honest talk and advice to even things out. I honestly found myself routing for our couple from the very beginning- even when their efforts to seem nonchalaunt had me face palming. The read hit all the sweet spots, heart, heat, and humor and left me grinning one the last page. I just might be going back to read the first book in the series, but I will definitely be putting Scott's name of my list of authors to watch for. 

Temptation is a contemporary romance with strong characters and a nearly perfect balance of heat, heart, and humor.

No comments: