Early Book Review: Smooth Moves (Movin' On) by Marie Harte

Smooth Moves is the second book in the Movin' On series by Marie Harte. It is not necessary to have read the previous book to enjoy this book, but I highly recommend it, and not just because Harte is currently one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. This book is currently scheduled for release on May 28 2019.
Former Marine Cash Griffith is a brawny beacon for trouble, always finishing a fight that someone else starts. Working at his family's moving company, he does his best to keep a low profile, but he can't help but tangle with the newest employee, Jordan Fleming. When Jordan joins Vets on the Go! she has her hands full with her new job and her rebellious teenage brother, not to mention going toe to toe with the obnoxious, arrogant, incredibly hot Marine at work. Soon their battles turn to camaraderie, and one kiss leads to a connection neither of them expected. But when dark secrets come to light, will their bond break or strengthen into a happily-ever-after they desperately desire?
Smooth Moves is an example of great characters writing and development. I thought Cash and Jordan (and her brother Rafi) all have issues and grow as they face their issues through out the book. None of them hide behind their troubles, although they do sometimes try to hide that it exists from each other. I found the honesty in which some serious issues are dealt with to be refreshing and heartening. I found the conversations between characters and the interactions to be realistic and highly entertaining. I seriously had a goofy grin on my face for the majority of the read, particularly during some of the pranks and conversations between Jordan and Cash. I like that Rafi's issues are talked about and some of the stigma that some might feel in his place, and how easy it is for generally good kids to make bad choices, is handled with such heart. I wish every kid in his position had a Jordan backing him up. I simply love Harte's voice and character development in this book (and in all of hers that I have read thus far). I highly recommend adding her to the must read for anyone that likes realistic, contemporary romance.
Smooth Moves is another fantastic read by Harte with equal parts humor, heat, and heat. I found myself ginning like a fool through a good portion of the read and cannot wait for more!

No comments: