Book Review: DIY Projects for Cats and Dogs: 20 Easy-to-Build Creations for Your Best Friend by Armelle Rau; Pierre Legrix

DIY Projects for Cats and Dogs: 20 Easy-to-Build Creations for Your Best Friend by Armelle Rau and Pierre Legrix offers readers  20 simple projects that they can make in just a weekend, without any advanced skills or special tools. From a cat tree and a hide-away litter box to bowl stands, leash racks, and a Scandinavian bed platform, these stylish structures will take care of your pet’s needs while preserving your interior décor. Built and pet-tested by the authors in their own home, each imaginative creation features step-by-step instructions, materials lists, and inspirational color photographs. Projects include litter boxes, dog house, bowl stands, bed platforms, travel basket, cat tree, leash rack, bedside table cabin, and more.

DIY Projects for Cats and Dogs has a nice variety of projects, some of which I found to be completely not my style but some which I would gladly spend the time to build and put in my home or give to family for their pets. I found the instructions and photographs to be very well done, and easy to understand. I like that while some tools are necessary to get the work done, they are all tools that the average home (at least the home of anyone reading a book about building) are likely to own or have access to rather than crazy specialty tools.  The book is well balanced with projects for cats and dogs, with a variety of styles and function. As an animal lover I know I will be storing away some of these ideas for a later date, and will sadly never actually get around to making any of these, I think they are accessible and understandable instructions that anyone with the interest and motivation to make these projects will be successful. 

DIY Projects for Cats and Dogs is a well written and organized resource for handy pet lovers. I think this might be a book I would borrow from a library rather than buying, only to check out when ready to get to work, unless you plan on making a full collection of the projects for your home, and for your family and friends.  

No comments: