Book Review: The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive: Tips and Tricks for Every Kind of Player by Damien Kuhn

The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive: Tips and Tricks for Every Kind of Player by Damien Kuhn
What do World Cup soccer players, Drake, and 125 million other people have in common? They all play Fortnite! And now with The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive, anyone can survive the island and take their game to the next level. This must-have guide has something for every kind of player: game mode overviews for Battle Bus beginners, detailed weapon and item stats for initiates, and advanced building strategies for veterans. With The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive, you have everything you need to max out each season and have fun doing it.

The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive: Tips and Tricks for Every Kind of Player is a book that was very helpful to me. My son and husband started playing over the summer, and I have not been of much help to them when they got stuck or fustrated- or had a question. The information is laid out in a logical and accessible format, which made it easy to find specific topics or information as I needed it. I think the general information gives new players a good information base with which to start and to find their own preferences and playing style.  However, some of the information and formatting is off. In particular they list the game as being available for Android, which it is not yet. I know because I am waiting to be able to download it for my Chromebook. I have not been playing myself so I am unsure if any of the other information is inaccurate. There were a few spots where the header for an image was on the page before the actual image and related information- which could have easily been fixed. The images and the descriptions themselves seemed to be well done.

The Fortnite Guide to Staying Alive: Tips and Tricks for Every Kind of Player was a useful, but not perfect resource. I think it is a solid introduction for those that are just getting started, or that have jump in but need more information to succeed. 

No comments: