Book Review: Nature Art Workshop: Tips, Techniques, and Step-by-Step Projects for Creating Nature-Inspired Art

Nature Art Workshop: Tips, Techniques, and Step-by-Step Projects for Creating Nature-Inspired Art 
by Katie Brooks, Sarah Lorraine Edwards, Allison Hetzell, and Mikko Sumulong is a visual resource for any artist or crafter desiring to combine their art with their love of the nature. Each page inspires artists to look at the world around them in a new light while they learn to create their own nature-inspired art. Four artists guide readers through finding and preparing traditional and natural elements to use in creating fun and unique nature-inspired projects with simple step-by-step instructions. Projects include a pressed-flower ceramic dish, fresh floral crown, and flower-adorned candles, in addition to painted feathers, stones, shells, leaves, and more. A fun, refreshing approach to mixed-media art, Nature Art Workshop proves that you can turn anything into a stunning work of art with the right materials and a bit of imagination.

Nature Art Workshop: Tips, Techniques, and Step-by-Step Projects for Creating Nature-Inspired Art is divided into sections based on the natural supplies that artists and crafters might be interested in using. THe brief information about each artist was interesting to read. I liked that I could browse based on the items I have on hand, the things I want to learn, or just read through the entire book for the full experience. The instructions are clear and understandable, with detailed photographs to help readers follow the steps and achieve the results they are looking for. While not all the projects were of my taste, or what I would consider in my skill set yet, I felt like there was something for all readers that might choose to pick up this title. It has given me some ideas for holiday gift giving this winter, and ideas for new things I want to try. I have not tested any of the projects yet, but I have plans to give several a go as soon as I can.

Nature Art Workshop: Tips, Techniques, and Step-by-Step Projects for Creating Nature-Inspired Art is a great resource for artists and crafters from a variety of skill and interest levels. 

No comments: