Early Book Review: Science Comics: Solar System: Our Place in Space by Rosemary Mosco, John Chad

Solar System: Our Place in Space, written by Rosemary Mosco and illustrated by John Chad, is another grand installment of the Science Comics series and is currently scheduled for release on September 18 2018. In this book readers start with a Big Bang and learn about space and the solar system in this volume of Science Comics, an action-packed nonfiction graphic novel series for middle-grade readers!

Solar System: Our Place in Space is another addition to the Science comic series. I still like the combination of amusing story and science information. The set up story of a friend trying to entertain a sick and home bound friend with a story that also teaches them about space is good. The information included is well paced and interesting.  However, I did not enjoy this one as much as I have some of the others. I liked the set up and the ideas. I just could not get as engaged with the space exploration story as much as I did the story in the Brain or Bats books. The art does a good job of capturing the story and adding details, it just is not a style that I enjoy as much as those utilized in the series previously. There is nothing wrong with it, this is just personal preference rather than anything related to quality. 

Solar System: Our Place in Space is part of a well done series, and I would recommend the series as a whole for school and public libraries. I think purchases for personal libraries should depended on the interests and favorite topics of the readers. 

No comments: