Book Review: Elemental Ride by Mell Eight

Elemental Ride by Mell Eight is a urban fantasy and romance novella. Rawley isn't the type to crush hard and fast on anyone, but he's somehow helpless when it comes to the new mailman. Even his bikes and his job as enforcer for a local motorcycle gang, the center of his world, don't compare to his interest in Reign. Unfortunately, Reign doesn't seem to be as interested—but secrets and magic have a way of turning everything upside down.
Elemental Ride is a short tease into a fantasy world I want to know more about. It seems to be part of a larger ongoing series by the publisher- but no links to this series are clear on Goodreads, so I will have to do some hunting. As a novella, there is much to squeeze into a short bit of text, but I think it handled very well. I feel like I got to know Rawley fairly well, and understood him as a character- as well as his fascination with his new mailman. I liked the way the world and supernatural aspects are revealed- although I feel like I need a novel set in this world to make me really happy. The story is complex despite the shortness, and has a few layers and surprises. I really enjoyed the unique take on magic and the elements as sprites, and the character of Reign, Leif, and so on satisfied me. 

Elemental Ride is a fast and entertaining read. My only disappointment is in the fact that it was a novella, and I want more. I will be taking a look at Less Than Three Press to see if I can find the rest of this series and enjoy it as a whole.

No comments: