Book Review: Rapunzel by Bethan Woollvin

Rapunzel by Bethan Woollvin is an interesting take on the classic tale.The wicked witch has Rapunzel trapped, but not for long! Rapunzel lives all alone in a tall, dark tower. Under the threat of a witch's fearsome curse, the poor girl seems doomed to a life in captivity. But is Rapunzel frightened? Oh no, not she!

Rapunzel is a twist on the classic tale, having Rapunzel quicker to find her spunk than most versions of the story, and taking bigger risks. The art is stylized, a little too much for my tastes but I think it will appeal to many parent and young readers. I like that Rapunzel does not need a prince or any encouragement to want more, although she does form friendships. I think it was fun, and an entertaining read. It was quirky and will appeal, but it just did not wow me. 

No comments: