Book Review: His Alone (For Her) by Alexa Riley

His Alone is the second book in the For Her series by Alexa Riley. The first book was Everything for Her, which I did not read. While having read the first book will give you a better insight on the characters and their connections, I was able to fully enjoy the read.

Ryan Justice may be her boss, but nothing will stop him from making her his. Paige Turner is trying to outrun her past, but there it is, tossed back in her face anytime she manages to get two steps ahead. Her need for Ryan got in the way of revenge, took her off course. Redirected her focus. Before she knew it, he'd made his way into her life. Into her heart. True love doesn't let secrets as big as these stay buried. And when the truth about Paige's father is finally exposed, Ryan will do anything to fix everything. Paige has always been his and his alone.

His Alone is a contemporary romance, with an over the top alpha male ready to do anything for the woman he cares about, even when she has no idea he feels that way. Yes, a little stalkerish- but somehow Riley makes that work in this series. I liked that Paige is aware that his possessiveness should bother her, but since she has the same reactions to him I would call that even. The book starts with the pair already at a low simmer, and it does not take long for the pair to catch fire. The physical obsession is similar to the paranormal romances where 'mates' find each other and then cannot keep their hands to themselves. I did like that there was some danger and reveal with Paige's history, and that love is the answer to everything. However, the stalker style is not romantic to me, although entertaining for a weekend read. My only other issue several epilogues and a bonus scene. I love getting a little extra, but every time I thought I was done and could go wash dishes or something I discovered another two pages that I could not leave unread.

His Alone is the perfect read for those looking for a hot read, and that enjoy the controlling male leads. If you liked the first book, which is described fairly well in this installment, then I expect that you will enjoy this one as well. 

No comments: