Book Review: The Woman Upstairs by Camryn Eyde

The Woman Upstairs by Camryn Eyde is a lovely romance. Ricci Velez is a fiercely independent woman that worked her way up from the poverty line to become a respected engineer and property developer. Mistaken as the little wifey by Tara Reeves, the new tenant at her Manhattan apartment building, Ricci wants to evict her before she even signs the lease. A slighted ex-tenant, a vandalized apartment, and an interfering best friend means that she’s forced to offer Tara a room in her own apartment. Can she survive having the secretive hard-nosed executive judging her in her own home? Worse still, can she survive her match-making mother shamelessly besotted by the temporary housemate?

The Woman Upstairs is a emotional and realistic romance. Ricci and Tara start off as annoyances to each other- each dealing with thier own significant problems. I like that being attachted to each other was not the magic pill to make them suddenly get along or open up to each other, rather trust had to be earned and issues needed to be dealt with. I found Ricci’s family dynamics to be charming, and while I could not completely relate to Ricci’s need to build and renovate- I could relate to the idea of getting lost in gardening and creative worek. I could also relate to Tara’s struggles, both with the recent past and waiting for Ricci to face her own troubles. I enjoyed the read, a and look forward to explore more books from the author.



The Woman Upstairs is a romance that deals with the trust and family issues that real people face, and makes the characters feel real. I like that I could connect with the characters, and feel like I could run into them at the store. A heart wrenching and warming story that is well worth the read.

No comments: