Book Review: Reign: A Royal Military Romance by Roxie Noir

Reign: A Royal Military Romance by Roxie Noir is something I bought on a whim, I admit to being intrigued by an Amazon on a Facebook. Thankfully, it was well worth by time. The crown prince Kostya and Hazel have nothing in common. He's a rugged, battle-hardened soldier who spent four years in the Royal Guard, an elite military unit. Hazel met the King and Queen for the first time wearing leggings and a sweatshirt. He's the serious, quiet, straight-laced heir to the throne, and she accidentally got drunk at a formal dinner.  Hazel is the ambassador's daughter and knows better than to mess around with a foreign head of state. His father is threatening to strip me of my title if he touch her, but she makes him want to break every one of his own rules. 



Reign: A Royal Military Romance is a romance that made me laugh, bite my fingernails, and fan myself a little. Hazel and Kostyra have a great chemistry and their banter is fantastic. I like that readers get a glimpse into both their minds, seeing the hardships that Kostya has faced, and the self doubt Hazel has despite her impulsive nature. This is not just a steamy romance, although it is certainly that. There are well written characters, political intrigue, and danger as well. Kostya’s country is not as tranquil as his father likes to portray, and that danger is going to land on their doorstep and everyone is going to have to make some hard choices and take some chances. I like that the characters are not perfect, but perfectly compliment each other. The give and take between Kostya and Hazel is pretty close to perfect, and the secondary characters are not just background noise, I found myself almost as interested in their long term well being as I was in our staring couple. I am impressed and am going to have to explore more books from this author. 

No comments: