Early Book Review: The Great Leopard Rescue; Saving the Amur Leopards by Sandra Markle

The Great Leopard Rescue; Saving the Amur Leopards by Sandra Markle is a children’s non fiction book that is currently scheduled for release on August 1 2016. Amur leopards are the rarest big cats in the world. But thanks to scientists' new, innovative efforts to study them and breed a reserve population, these majestic cats have a chance to come back.

The Great Leopard Rescue is a visually appealing and well organized book that describes one endangered species of leopard, why it is in trouble, and what is being done to help preserve it. As usual, Markle has gathered a great deal of information and stunning pictures and told readers of all ages a very important story. I like the wording and combination of images, facts, and antidotes to bring the Amur Leopards to life. I will admit, I knew little to nothing about this particular species, and found myself fascinated with these beautiful creatures. My daughter is obsessed with animals, and I think this series of books about saving endangered is so well organized and worded that I will have a hard time convincing her to put the book down, and to save running off into the wild to save these leopards until she is a little older (she just turned 8).   


The Great Leopard Rescue is another comprehensive and well written non fiction book for children from Markle. I think this book (and the continuing series) is a must have for public and school libraries. 

No comments: