Book Review: Rock Steady (Rock Band #2) by Dawn Ryder

Rock Steady by Dawn Ryder is the second book in the Rock Band series. I dd not read the first book, but felt that this book did a good job as a stand alone, and in making me want to read the first book based on the characters rather than missing information. 

Superstar guitarist Ramsey's reputation as a bad-boy rocker is exceeded only by his dedication to his music. He's worked hard for the success of his hit metal band Toxsin, and he intends to enjoy it-completely. When a jilted groupie gets back at him for a one-night stand with an intimate-and completely inappropriate-tattoo, he needs it fixed, and fast. Sparks fly between Ramsey and his new tattoo artist, and Ramsey finds himself hoping for more than new ink. When a high-profile tattoo job lands Jewel an invite on Toxsin's latest tour, she can't say no. It'll be great exposure, after all. What she's really worried about is ruining the gig by hooking up with the first guy to completely rock her world. She knows she should resist-Ramsey's not the kind to stick around for a morning after. But the way he makes her feel-as an artist and a woman-could be worth any risk.

Rock Steady is a steamy read with surprisingly complex characters and story line. I like that both Jewel and Ramsey have serious issues, and that they are characters that face their issues and make an effort to move forward. I liked the detail of the good and bad of success and fame, and the realistic view of forging your own way. My only real issue with the book is that it Jewel just so happens to be a virgin, but I could have just ignored that for the most part. However, she turns into the wonder virgin ready for anything fairly quickly. While I do  understand that that with attraction and love and all that people might explore their limits- but 0 to 60 happens a little fast for me here. Even so, I read to escape, and this book offered some entertainment and a seriously interesting story line so I was happy overall with the read.


Rock Steady was a quick, hot read. I liked the characters, for the most part, and enjoyed how complex they were. The book definitely leaned toward erotica at certain points, so if you like your romance less than hot and heavy I suggest passing on this series.

No comments: