Early Book Review: I Wanna Be a Great Big Dinosaur by Heath McKenzie

I Wanna Be a Great Big Dinosaur by Heath McKenzie is a picture book scheduled for release on May 17 2016. More than anything in the world, one little boy wants to be a great big dinosaur. And he's in luck! A great big T. Rex shows up to teach him how to stomp and roar just like a dinosaur. But dinosaurs aren't so great at soccer or video games. Maybe being a little boy isn't all bad?


I Wanna Be a Great Big Dinosaur is a fun and colorful picture book about exploring the world and being exactly who and what you want to be. I brings home the message that it is wonderful to explore all the possibilities and options around us, but we will be happiest when we are ourselves, no matter who or what that might be. I really loved the colorful and fun illustrations, showing or young boy and dinosaur exploring different activities and generally having fun. It was a fun read with a great message that did not feel forced or overbearing, which is something that often turns me off picture books with a particular message. 

No comments: