Book Review: Turned: The Belladonna Agency Series by Virna DePaul

Turned: The Belladonna Agency Series by Virna DePaul is an urban fantasy. Ty Duncan is a FBI agent has had one mission: bring rogue vampires to justice. As a recruiter for Belladonna, a shadow agency formed to keep vampires in check, Ty must tap Ana Martin, a troubled ex–gang member and one of the few mortals who can infiltrate places that his kind and the law cannot. From their first encounter, Ty fights a hunger to make Ana his own. When Ty claims to have information about Ana’s missing sister, Ana has no choice but to trust this captivating stranger who awakens her deepest desires. But as she and Ty climb the heights of pleasure and passion, an enemy is conspiring to destroy them both. Can Ana help Ty find his humanity in a love that could heal them both, or will their passion lead them into a darkness impossible to escape?

Turned is a book that had everything going for it. The characters were well developed, the plot was intense and well written, and the attraction between Ty and Ana was a good slow burn and they both realized the foolishness of falling for the other. However, it just did not hold my interest. Every time I opened the book on my Kindle I was surprised at how much I had left to read. I was at about 40% completed and I just had to put the book aside. Despite the good things about the book, i just never found myself eager to get back to it. and frankly, my to be read list is too long to fight my way through a book that does not make me look forward to see what might happen next. I still have the book on my Kindle, and I might get back to it eventually since there was nothing specific about the book that turned me away. I think I might have just burned myself out, and it might have just been my own reading fatigue, but I just could not get excited by the story.

No comments: