My Reaction to a Chapter Sampler of Unhinged by A. G. Howard

I was lucky enough to get my hands on the first chapter of Unhinged by A.G. Howard, the second book in the Splintered series. I cannot express my love fully for Splintered, or my excitement to get my hands on Unhinged. In the mean time, here are my thoughts on what I have seen so far.

The Blurb: In Splintered Alyssa Gardner went down the rabbit hole, was crowned Queen of the Red Court, and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the boy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly appealing Morpheus. Now she need to focus on the real; world and graduate high school. However, her newly released mother is acting overly protective and suspicious and the mysterious Morpheus is tempting her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland; where she also belongs. Can she leave Jeb and her parents behind again, for the sake of a man she knows has manipulated her before? Will her mother and Jeb trust her to do what’s right?

After reading the chapter sampler of Unhinged:
Unhinged takes place about a year after Splintered. Alyssa is living in the human world and is doing her best to repress her netherling side. The actual action starts right away, with Alyssa being whisked away into Wonderland by Morpheus just as she wraps up a date with Jeb. Morpheus demonstrates that Wonderland is destroying itself in her absence and works to convince her that she needs to face off with the Red Queen again. However while Alyssa is concerned, she fully believes that her place is in the real world and she needs to tend to her life here. Thus begins the battle between Alyssa and Morpheus, and Morpheus and Jeb, and so much more.

I will start by reminding you all that I loved Splintered, and am mightily looking forward to reading Unhinged. If you have not read Splintered yet- I recommend going and doing so immediately. Unhinged is not scheduled to be on the shelves until January 7th 2014, so you have the time. I am so looking forward to seeing where Unhinged takes us. What I know so far is that it looks awesome, and that Morpheus enters the real world. I believe at least half the story takes place in 'reality' rather than Wonderland.

Are you excited? Well, to make things even cooler, there is The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered Novella), an e-book that tells about Morpheus digging through Jeb's memories of the adventures he had while he was alone in Wonderland. I am downloading it today and will let you know about its awesomeness as soon as possible! AND- the third book in the series is currently set to be called Ensnared and will be published in 2015.

No comments: