Book Review: Always Daddy's Princess by Karen Kingsbury


Always Daddy's Princess by Karen Kingsbury is a great picturebook about a father's relationship with his daughter. The story begins with a little girl being born and follows her connection to her father through tea parties, soccer games, dating, and the birth of her own daughter. It is playful, and prayerful, using both prose and some scripture on each page. A wonderful gift for a new father, or grandfather.

Okay, I have to admit that I thought this would be too religion based, too cheesy, or too pink to speak to me. However, just trying to write a review of Always Daddy's Princess has me tearing up at my desk. Maybe it is because I am a mom and my daughter is still young, but I think any parent reading this book will have a moment that touches the heart.

I recommend Always Daddy's Princess as a gift to fathers, grandfathers, uncles, any man that has a young girl in their life that they care for.

No comments: