F is for Friday Fun- A to Z Challenge

F is for Friday Fun. In all of our adult rushing about and trying to get everything done and in order, we often to forget to take some time out for good old fun. Even if we enjoy the work we do, or if you are like some of my oddball friends are soothed by cleaning, you still need to let loose and laugh. On Thursday I took a break from words that were frustrating me and took the kids outside to play. We had fun, we were silly, it soothed my mind like nothing else A good tickling match and round of zerberts followed  by relaxing for a bit and eating lunch had me in a much better place. It had the kids in a happier place too.

Friday, or any other day, deserves a break for a little bit of silly fun. Find something to do on this Friday to make you feel silly and laugh. Me? My silly Friday plans just might involve the kiddos and some Easter Egg decorating. Maybe. Or perhaps I will break out the paint, or play dough, or some equally insane project (or combination of projects) that will bring joy along with the inevitable clean up. Because the sheer fun and enjoyment will be worth it and make everyone in the house happy for a bit.

Sometimes I loose track of the fun and get caught up in the no's and details of the day and forget to have fun. This Friday, and hopefully every possible day, I will make my household a much more entertaining place and give in to the fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a solemn day, and a good one. Best to you today and always:)

Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Great advice! I also find myself saying no to my son more than I would like.

LA Nickers said...

I agree - it's a solemn day today, but also a history-splitting milestone.

Thank God it's GOOD FRIDAY.

Popping in as an A to Z Blogging Challenge participant. Please feel free to visit and comment on any of my blogs as well, leaving a link to your own post, so my readers can find you too!

You can click my name/icon for links to all six A to Z blogs! Happy A-to-Z-ing!

Pearson Report said...

What a delightful "F" post.
When my daughter was little "fun" was part of every day.
It made me smile to read how you enjoy having fun with your children. Truly, they grow as you turn around.

Enjoy these moments and let the dishes sit! They don't care when they get a good washing, and they won't tell a soul.

Kids remember the fun...forever.

Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Whole Foods Living said...

Fun! I made popcorn from "scratch" last night! (Friday night) A hot pan, oil and corn popping all over my kicthen was a hoot! (I did eventualyl use a lid!) ~ Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/