Early Book Review: Milk and Cheese: Dairy Products Gone Bad by Evan Dorkin

Milk and Cheese: Dairy Products Gone Bad by Evan Dorkin is a graphic novel that will be released on December 21 2011. This hardcover volume will contain the collected works from the series, everything released between 1989 and 2010. This Eisner Winning comic is about two drunk and violent dairy products that insult and beat down just about anyone that crossed their path. Some have dubbed this comic a book of idiotic genius.

Milk and Cheese: Dairy Products Gone Badmade me realize that I must be getting old. I have always enjoyed a little off color humor, and violence does not turn me squeamish. However, I have to admit that I just must not be getting the joke in this cmisanthropic and anthropomorphic book. I thought I would be entertained, sadly I was not. Apparently spite, anger, and hate filled dairy products simply do not amuse me, although I will glad;y sit down and watch some Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The stories revolve around a hunch of cheese and a small carton of milk that drink huge amounts of alcohol and become willfully embroiled in unbelievably violent altercations.Some of my frustration and lack of connection with this book might have been the galley I was reading, since the black and white comic have copy write watermarks in the background. That combination occasionally made the words and details difficult to make out.

If you have been following Milk and Cheese, and get the joke that alludes me, them you will greatly enjoy all the dairy violence collected in a single book. If you have never heard of this lactose heavy duo before, then you might just want to skip it. The humor might speak to you, unfortunately it did not speak to me.

No comments: