Early Book Review: Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister (Volume 1) by Marcey Naito

Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister (Volume 1) by Marcey Naito is a manga style graphic novel currently scheduled for release on October 17 2023. Uryu Kamihate has had a rough start to life, but plans to forget it all by achieving his dream -- matriculating into medical school. But when he arrives at his new foster home, a working shrine, his dream of a quiet place to study goes up in smoke. Not only will he be living with three beautiful, lively Amagami sisters -- but he learns that he must marry one of them and take over the shrine!
Tying the Knot with an Amagami Sister is a fun story. It is very well drawn, and I think the artwork and the story work together well. I had a few moments when reading that I was confused. I have watched a decent amount of anime and read a good deal of manga, and I had trouble figuring out what direction this story was going to go in- and honestly I still do not know. I thought the basics of the characters are all developed and there, same with several layers of set up. There are a lot of ways this story can go. It can get in to the spiritual aspects of shrines and beliefs, into Uryu finding his own path and succeeding, or a very complicated romance with one or three girls. In fact the story had all of these elements in it, and it could take all, one, or none of these paths. I enjoyed the book while reading, and this it will be interesting to see what happens next.

No comments: