Early Book Review: Bean The Stretchy Dragon: A Sally & Bean Adventure by Ari Stocrate

Bean The Stretchy Dragon: A Sally & Bean Adventure by Ari Stocrate is a children's graphic novel currently scheduled for release on September 19 2023. Meet Bean—a stretchy, cheerful dragon who lives with a grumpy witch named Sally. Whether she’s solo or with Sally, from burying bones to meeting new friends, in this debut graphic novel Bean finds herself an adventure no matter where she goes. A dash of sweet, a pinch of spooky, and plenty of humor.

Bean The Stretchy Dragon is a book that reminds me of classic easy readers with the bold illustrations and large, limited text. I have somehow missed seeing the Webcomic of Sally & Bean, so I had no idea of what to expect, I just thought the cover art was cute. Once I started reading I was glad that the cover drew me in. I thought the art was consistent and cute through out, and I loved the cryptozoological explanations of the critters living in the swamp with Sally and Bean. Some of the pages, with the arrows and descriptions, reminded me of the Scaredy Squirrel books in the very best ways.  I though the book was fun to read and to look at and I think there are many readers, of all ages, that will also enjoy the read. 

No comments: