Early Book Review: OMFG, BEES!: Bees Are So Amazing and You're About to Find Out Why by Matt Kracht

OMFG, BEES!: Bees Are So Amazing and You're About to Find Out Why by Matt Kracht is currently scheduled for release on March 23 2023. Are you ready for the ultimate bee book? With lighthearted watercolor and ink drawings, humorous quips, lists, and musings, OMFG, BEES! will show you just how important these esteemed bee-list celebrities really are. (Hint: We can't live without them.) Delving into various bee topics, from distinguishing between bees and not bees (very crucial), to exploring the absolute wonder that is bee behavior (they do a coded dance directing their bee friends to food, for crying out loud!), to divulging the mind-blowing bee-magic behind honey making (within some extremely intricate and precisely constructed hexagonal honeycomb, no big deal), and more, Kracht's ode to bees paints a charming and enthusiastic picture of our favorite pollinators.

OMFG, BEES! is a well researched source of bee related information. I greatly appreciated the voice of the author and the amount of thought that went into the research and illustrations to match the text and intent of the book. I have read many books on bees, since I find the decline of insects in general, and bees specifically, to be very concerning and I simply love learning about how amazing they are. I have to say that this book included more light hearted humor and straight forward talk than any of the other books on the subject that I can remember. I enjoy that Kracht and I share the same thoughts on bees and several not bees (like that wasps are 'vicious little turds') and the writing made me smile quite a bit through out the read. I also appreciated that a complete list of references was included along with sources for further reading. 

OMFG, BEES! is a engaging and interesting read that will both educate and entertain anyone vaguely interested in bees. 

No comments: