Early Book Review: Knot Bad Amigurumi: Learn Crochet Stitches and Techniques to Create Cute Creatures with 25 Easy Patterns by Vincent Green-Hite

Knot Bad Amigurumi: Learn Crochet Stitches and Techniques to Create Cute Creatures with 25 Easy Patterns by Vincent Green-Hite is currently scheduled for release on November 8 2022. Create the unexpected: a smiling rocket ship, a jubilant glass of boba tea, a joyful acorn, a breezy beach hat, and much more. These modern characters spring from the imagination of crochet artist Vincent Green-Hite (Instagram: @knot.bad; TikTok: @knotbad), who loves sharing his designs and techniques with the world. In addition to beginner-friendly patterns, the book includes a rundown of basic materials such as yarns and hooks, step-by-step stitch tutorials, instructions for embroidering appealing faces, advice on working with color, and ideas for customizing patterns.  You’ll learn how to give your amigurumi a clean, professional look with easy methods for stuffing, attaching, and finishing pieces. Build your skills and become a more confident creative as you work your way through each charming pattern.
Knot Bad Amigurumi is a well written and organized instructional book. I thought the information of supplies and technique were accessible and understandable, and I think novice crocheters will find it that way as well. My favorite thing about this book is that the designs and projects are different. They are not the some animals, creatures, and objects that you can find in a hundred other books and online. They are also very cute. I am very much looking forward to trying my hand at several of these patterns. I will say that I learned something, because I never really thought about 'Yarn Punk" even though I never really felt like I fit in with the typical fiber arts folks, or really wanted to. I like the emphasis here on crafting the style and way you want to, without trying to fit a particular mindset or the expectations of others. I wholly support that idea and always have, and love seeing that individuality encouraged here. 

No comments: