Early Book Review: The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum

The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is currently scheduled for release on November 1 2022. This cookie-centric cookbook features nearly every cookie imaginable, from rustic Cranberry Chocolate Chippers to elegant French macarons, and everything in between. There are simple drop cookies, rolled-and-cut holiday cookies, brownies and other bars, pretty sandwich cookies, luxurious frosted or chocolate-dipped treats, and much more. Recipes feature detail-oriented instructions, notes for planning ahead, ingenious tips, and other golden rules for success. Featured recipes include: Rose’s Dream Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lemon Lumpies, Black Tahini Crisps, Peanut Butter and Jelly Buttons, Double Ginger Molasses Cookies, Caramel Surprise Snickerdoodles, Mom’s Coconut Snowball Kisses, Chocolate Sablés, Gingerbread Folks (with a special sturdy variation for gingerbread houses), Pecan Freezer Squares, Brownie Doughnuts, Brandy Snap Rolls, and more.

The Cookie Bible offers readers exactly what they expect from the title. A wide range of cookie recipes, complete with fabulous photographs by Matthew Septimus. If you are new to cookie baking, or want just one cookbook for cookies, this is an ideal resource. There is a wide range of cookie styles, organized by cookie type, so there is something for everyone. I found the recipes to be clearly written, and I like that the ingredient list include imperial and metric measurements so readers can use the style they are most comfortable with. I thought the tips and tricks, and variation options, are useful to new and seasoned bakers alike. I already have two books of cookie recipes in my personal collection, so I cannot justify buying one for myself, however I recommend it to those that can add it to their personal libraries. I just might be requesting it from my public library as soon as I can to try a recipe or two that vary from ones I have been using to compare the results. 

No comments: