Early Book Review: Hoop Quilts for Beginners: 15 Designs from Easy Patchwork and Embroidery by AnneMarie Chany

Hoop Quilts for Beginners: 15 Designs from Easy Patchwork and Embroidery by AnneMarie Chany is currently scheduled for release on October 15 2022. The craft of hoop quilts combine simple quilting techniques with embroidery, patchwork, and other favorite fabric arts. This is a  guide for quilters and crafters, featuring 15 hoop-framed block designs of all different sizes with step-by-step instructions and guidance for adding hand embroidery and other embellishments, resulting in stunning wall hangings and handmade gifts. A great way to use up some scrap fabric and make something beautiful without committing to an entire quilt, transform single blocks into impressive projects and practice a variety of sewing and embroidery techniques with this exciting, must-have source of inspiration!

Hoop Quilts for Beginners offers readers exactly what the title and publisher description promises. I have tried my hand at all of the skill sets used in this craft, and enjoy some more than others and have been more precise and technically proficient in some compared to others as well. I think this book offers instruction, tips, and tricks from crafters of all skill sets, but definitely is best for some that have a basic knowledge of sewing and needlecraft. However, I learned a great deal about proper quilting and other techniques that I have tried but not mastered. I found the instructions to be well written and the pictures to be helpful.  I thought the techniques and results are very cool and I am glad I have read the book. I found the finished projects to be interesting and I was inspired by many to look at my thread and fabric in a new light. Once I finish my current to do list I might be giving some of these patterns a go.

No comments: