Book Review: Forget Me by Michelle McCraw


Forget Me 
by Michelle McCraw is the fifth book in the Synergy book series, although it can also be read as a stand alone. 
When accountant Mimi wakes up after a night of fun with her girlfriends, she remembers the hot guy in glasses she flirted with at the bar but not much else. With no way to contact him – no phone number, not even a selfie – she’ll do her best to forget him. Because nothing, not even a sexy mystery man, will keep her from winning her dream job. Except maybe Mateo. Her brother’s friend is everywhere – spilling coffee on her presentation, bringing apology flowers to her at work, even wowing her new boss at her project meeting. Mateo has never struggled to be the fun, cool, suave guy – except around Mimi. She’s found his Awkward switch, and now it’s stuck in the ON position. After screwing up Mimi’s presentation, the least Mateo can do is help her. He charms her boss, who pushes them to attend the foundation’s upcoming gala together. If helping Mimi means being her fake date at her big work event, he’s more than up for the job. And if he can convince Mimi he’s good enough to be her real boyfriend, he’ll have all he’s ever wanted since he met her that night in the bar.

Forget Me had me worried when I noticed it was the fifth in a series and I had not read any of the previous books. However, while it did make me eager to read what all happened before this book, I felt like the characters and their situations were well handled and read well on its own. I understood Mimi, ever when I did not necessarily like her choices and actions at certain points, I could completely understand where she was coming from and how she felt. I loved that she was self aware enough to admit mistakes and deal with the potential fall out like an adult rather than just ignoring it. Mateo was a wonderful character and I loved the dichotomy that he presented in his personality and actions. Strong, suave, and smooth while at the same time as self doubting and self conscious as the rest of us. It reminded me that just about everyone has these kinds of feelings, no matter how the might act and how others perceive them. I loved the level of communication between the characters, and the honesty about the fears of getting close can bring on and how thy handled it in the story. I look forward to going back to read the previous books, and looking forward to the possible future books hinted at in this one. 

Forget Me is a read that has depth of character and humor. Now I want to go back and read the books I missed in the series so I can see how the other characters came together. 

1 comment:

Michelle McCraw said...

Thanks so much, Sharon! I really appreciate this review. <3 <3 <3