Book Review: Acoustics (Portland Symphony) by London Price

Acoustics
 is the first book in the 
Portland Symphony series by London Price. My sister told me to stay away from her roommate. I promised I would. But I didn’t. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I mean, yeah, maybe it was predictable when I started asking about his AI research and finding reasons to hang out, even when my sister wasn’t home. Looking back, we never should've slow danced alone like that. But with Chance, goofing around melted into messing around easier than butter on hot bread. It’s not fair to keep our relationship a secret, but how can I tell my sister I betrayed her trust? And when the truth comes out, how can I keep both the people I care about most?

Acoustics is a trans romance series set in Oregon. It contains robot talk, found family, and a happily ever after. It’s not intended for readers who don’t want to read explicit LGBTQ sex scenes. CW for the death of a fish. 
I really loved the characters in this book, including the main and secondary characters. Colby knows better than to date his sister's roommate. He does not want to hurt her, but cannot seem to stop himself. Chance is a fantastic character, and I love the balance of shy tech guy and dominant nature in the bedroom. My favorite part of the book is the frank and honest discussions Chance and Colby have. They  talk about everything I think most people should before getting intimate- covering what they are comfortable with, hard limits, and so on- even holding themselves to that when other choices could have been made. I loved the caring and thoughtful nature of their relationship, even when they were trying to 'just be friends'. The support and honest caring between all of the characters made me want to be part of this circle of friends and family. I cannot wait to see what comes next in the series so I can see them all again. My only big complaint was that it ended too soon.

Acoustics is a wonderful romance with well written characters, I look forward to the next book in the series. 

No comments: