Book Review: Modern Crochet Style: 15 Colourful Crochet Patterns for your and your Home, Including Fun Sustainable Makes by Lindsey Newns

Modern Crochet Style: 15 Colourful Crochet Patterns for your and your Home, Including Fun Sustainable Makes by Lindsey Newns is packed full of crochet makes for you and your home. Designer Lindsey Newns, of Lottie and Albert, has created 15 different projects to  inspire throughout the seasons. From t-shirt yarn bath mats and raffia beach bags, to Christmas stockings and leopard-print cowls. With advice on yarns, detailed stitch descriptions, and step-by-step photo instructions, the projects are accessible to all, including beginners.

Modern Crochet Style is something I was happy to see, as I love getting to look at crochet designs I might not have seen yet. I thought the techniques and related information was well explained in the beginning, including the specifics of UK terminology since there are some difference between that and US terminology. I thought the patterns and instructions were well written, and the corresponding photographs well chosen and placed. Some of the patterns included were similar to those I have seen before, and some were just not something that I would make. However, I know people that would happily make or receive those very projects as gifts. I think the book would be great for crafters that are still building their pattern library, but I think this is best suited for library collections. 

No comments: