Book Review: America the Beautiful Cross Stitch: 30 Patterns of America’s Most Iconic National Parks and Monuments from becker&mayer! books

America the Beautiful Cross Stitch: 30 Patterns of America’s Most Iconic National Parks and Monuments from becker&mayer! books  contains 30 original cross stitch patterns, an introduction to each park or monument, and instructions on cross stitching techniques and suggested materials. The patterns include: Yellowstone National Park, Statue of Liberty, Great Smokey Mountains, Washington Monument, Arches National Park, Yosemite National Park, Appalachian Trail, Haleakala Volcano, and many more. The finished projects can be used to commemorate your favorite vacations or to personalize household items like tea towels, pillowcases, and backpacks.


America the Beautiful Cross Stitch offers readers exactly what the title promises. As someone that has always been a crafter, but has only picked up my cross stitch tools again after several years, I have to say I stumbled across this book at the exact right moment. I was able to look at the patterns and instructions both as someone that knows the terminology and sometimes needs a reminder of technique and tips. I thought that the chosen patterns were beautiful, and the information provided about the tools and techniques needed was accessible by all skill levels, but it might be a bit daunting for those new to the skills. I liked that the book also included information and pictures about the parks the patterns portray. This was a great touch to bring a bit more of the heart of those scenes into the final product, and maybe inspire another trip. I cannot get started on these after I finish my current project. 

No comments: