Book Review: A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation, Volume 3, by Misaki

A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation, Volume 3, by Misaki continues the tale of a noble's unintentional trip. After defeating the underground dragon and finishing up their business in the mercantile city of Marcade, Lizel and Gil resume their journey, having promised Judge's grandfather to protect Judge along the way. But danger soon catches up to them when a strange group of bandits called the Forky Gang attacks in the middle of the night! It quickly becomes clear that someone is targeting Lizel, but who could it be, and for what reason?
A Gentle Noble's Vacation Recommendation's third volume picks up right where the previous volume left off, and then takes off running. I really enjoyed this volume and thought it moved the story along and introduced or fleshed out some of the previously introduced characters really well. I was great to see some of where Lizel came from, and how he reacts to the other characters and the possibility of being the target of a bandit gang. The art was consistent in style and quality with the previous volumes, and I thought the detail and line work was very well done. I enjoyed this read a great deal. My biggest complaint is that the volume ended way too soon for me, and I am ready for more. 

No comments: