Book Review: Savage Hunger (Savage) by Lisa Renee Jones

Savage Hunger is the first book in the Savage trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones. Rick Savage, but they call him Savage and for a reason. He can make you laugh and then rip your heart out. No one knows that more than me, Candace Marks, the woman he left bleeding from the heart. I loved him. Lord help me, I’ve never stopped loving him. Now, I’m engaged to another man, a brutal man I’m trapped into marrying, when to my shock, Savage returns home. Savage who I haven't heard from in years. I want to hate him. I have ever reason to hate him, but I can’t. I still love him and I fear he will save me just to leave me bleeding one last time. He stirs my desires, a dark, delicious, and dangerous man destined to hurt me and leave me. This time I’m not sure I'll survive.

Savage Hunger is a book that started off checking off all the right boxes. The characters were are multidimensional and the second chance aspect and danger were well played. I liked the secondary characters, which fans of the author will recognize from the Walker series. The chemistry level was high, and there was a good balance of sweet and intrigue. However, I was not aware going in that this was not going to be the start of the story. I felt like just when things were starting to click into place and I was really rooting for our couple, and considering finding the other series because I like the secondary characters, the book ended. Not at a happy for now kind of spot, but at the start of an action scene! If the description had warned me, or maybe if I had read the related series, I might have been prepared, but I was not. So, I highly recommend that you pick up the whole series and have the next ready to go if you are going to read this. Now, you have been given the warning I was not. It rather ruined some of my good feeling toward the book and left me a bit frustrated. 
Savage Hunger is a book with plenty of angst, but it is just the start of this couple's story. Be prepared with the following books, or the need to find them.

No comments: