Early Book Review: Not According to Plan by A.M. Madden

Not According to Plan by A.M. Madden is a contemporary romance currently scheduled for release on March 23 2020. For one night of my life, I dared to do something reckless. My birthday. A bar. Karaoke. And a man so hot he could melt the sun. Sparks flew. Lust took over. For one night of my life, I felt aliveThen I was back to my “boring” life. Career-driven. Goal-oriented. Always planning ahead. But nothing could have prepared me for the positive pregnancy test. We weren’t that reckless.  There goes my “boring” life. And what happens when I tell the father?

Not According to Plan is a contemporary romance with plenty of complications, but recalled condoms seem to be the root of most. A one night stand resulting in a pregnancy is rough, add in split residency and another baby on the way and things are complicated right from the start. I liked Jade a lot, I could understand and connect with her desire to rock her job even when it did not meet her expectations, and actually agreed with her take on most of the issues in the story. Max was a nice guy, with way too much on his plate. I liked that he wanted to do right be everyone in his life, and understood how that might burn him out. I liked the extended family and friends for both characters, and thought that for the most part they offered support and advice that was heartfelt- and I thought that the naysayers were realistic and well done even when they made my heart hurt. I was not thrilled with the conclusion, they way they worked things out, but I cannot agree with everyone's choices even in fiction. I was hoping that a different solution would be found, even though I could not come up with a logical one either so what do I know. Overall I enjoyed the read, and it had some fantastic moments, but I was not wowed by it as a whole.

Not According to Plan is a romance with plenty of twists on the way to a happy ever after.

No comments: